Monday, October 18, 2010

Obsession with Produce - SOLD!!!!!!

"Cantaloupe in Blue"
6x6    Oil on museum quality panel
$95  SOLD!
Confession time, I have an obsession with produce.  I don't mean love to eat it,  can't wait to cook with it.  I use to think my family just didn't like to go to the grocery store with me.  I now realize it probably had something to do with how I linger in the produce section...picking up different fruits and vegetables, laying next to each other.  I see other people just pick up the produce, place it in their baskets and off they go. I just think they don't get it.  Hate to image what they're thinking about my way of choosing produce.  It has come to my attention that I might have a problem because when I arrive home, unload the groceries and more than half my bill is produce & the produce is not for eating.  Yikes!! Has anyone started Still Life Painters Anonymous yet?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I have newly discovered the joy of doing still lifes...I can't help you with this "issue"...as a matter of fact...it isn't an issue. When you you refuse to cook your family's dinner because you haven't painted the veggies yet...well that might be considered a problem, and an intervention may be needed. Awesome cantaloupe! love the glow of it and the rind...so perfect!

Dana Cooper said...

Gorgeous light in this piece Kelley!
I may have to join that group...when I was at the farmer's market last week, the paintable produce was beautiful, I wanted to buy it all!

martinealison said...

Je comprends votre frustration s'il fallait cuisiner les fruits et les légumes avant que la peinture soit achevée !
Cette tranche de melon me donne cependant envie d'y mordre dedans !
J'aime la lumière qui l'illumine...
Bisous

mary maxam said...

a little boat of color... great light on this!

Gwen Bell said...

Really beautiful light, Kelley! And great job on nailing those colors. I find the color of cantaloupe skins to be very hard to define but you did an excellent job! Love the way the peachy orange looks next to that blue.

LindaHunt said...

I share your love of produce...this painting caught my eye right away...the light is perfect and I enjoy the bit of pink at the tip of the slice.