Saturday, January 8, 2011

Praying for NO Snow

"July in Provence"
6x6   Oil on museum quality panel
$95
For the past 2 days I've listened to the weather forecasters predicting snow/ice.  I will readily admit that living in the south makes me a bit spoiled when it comes to nice weather.  We usually get a bit of snow in February but we have already had some.  It was pretty but not enough to make me want to see it again. The wonderful thing about being an artist is that I create another vision.  So I hope you will enjoy my July sojourn to Provence.

10 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

Lovely painting. We came through Charlotte on Dec. 27 and saw all the snow. Think goodness I live further South.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jerry. Next time you come through Charlotte, bring some sunshine.

Dana Cooper said...

Ah yes...Provence! Beautiful Kelley!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely piece girlfriend. Just love those lavendar fields in the mid ground and distance.

Kathy Cousart said...

I am right there with ya! We don't live in Georgia hoping for snow each winter:) Love this painting. Beautiful!

SUSAN RODEN said...

Be ever so glad to take a journey with you Kelley. After all, you created a wonderful vision!

martinealison said...

J'ai hâte de retrouver la provence sous le soleil de printemps.
Dimanche dernier je me trouvais à Aix-en-Provence sous le soleil mais avec tout de même un peu de fraîcheur.
Votre toile est riche de couleurs et de senteurs.
Bisous

Gwen Bell said...

The palette in this is just gorgeous!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love the way you paint. This piece is great and I absolutely LOVE "everyone's going somewhere". The colors in that are my favorite.

Karen Bruson said...

I love the violets in this one.