Monday, January 31, 2011

Not a Weed in Sight

"California Dreamin'"
8x6  Oil on museum quality panel
$95
(Having PayPal button issues,
email me at kelleyart@gmail.com if interested)

Looking back a week ago, I was struggling to get out of the weeds and start painting again.  One week later & paintings are flying off the easel.  Yipee!  Last night my friend, Julie Hill, was so kind to share a wonderful photo of her morning commute to drop her daughter off at school.  Little did she know that I was going to snag her picture and paint it.   Inspiration shows up just when you need it.  Thanks Julie and I hope she will paint her vision of this picture.  Julie, are you listening? 





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thief...is what we call here in California. Just kidding. I am delighted that you found inspiration in MY photo.....you have portrayed my commute just magnificently. I love the way you caught the yellow convertible and the swaying palm trees .....and our lovely foothills in the distance. You have done the photo proud. Really a fabulous piece my friend! P.S. I am listening.......but I may forget...what was it you were saying. :)

martinealison said...

Très belle lumière que celle qui inonde votre peinture... Les couleurs sont également sublimes. Belle atmosphère. Bisous

Nancy Goldman said...

I thought that looked like Pasadena. You did a great job using your stolen photo. : )

SUSAN RODEN said...

Oh, oh..do they hang thieves?
Nope... that's just with horse thieves, so you are in the clear Kelley -unless Julie thinks otherwise:) Just kidding.

And Julie that is so nice of you to inspire and share!

Kelley, you really have a handle on the California landscape - palms and all. Nicely rendered.

Nan Johnson said...

Not sure where in Calif this is, but I recall seeing scenes like this when I was living out there. You captured the moment beautifully.

Anonymous said...

OK, Kelley... I listened...and I accepted your challenge. Check out my version of "California Dreamin'" that I just posted.

P.S. no hanging laws for thievery...just care-packages needed to be sent from Charlotte to LA.

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely Kelley, it is a very California scene, now I am off to see Julie's version!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love your version and Julie's. So fun!

Unknown said...

So nice. I can really feel the spacial difference in this one.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

This is such a Beverly Hills painting, or just Southern Cal. Love the way you captured the feeling.