Saturday, July 17, 2010

Out of Brushes


"Orange Daisies"
10x10  oil on canvas

Not painting at my studio always presents challenges.  I had to paint at home today so that meant working under less than ideal conditions.  I never have all the paints I need, lucky if I have canvas and today out of brushes with the exception of 2 caked with paint brushes because my "assistant" didn't wash them.  But I was determined to paint something and in the end I had to step out of my comfort zone and use what was at hand.  So between paper towel, my palette knife and the less than desirable brushes, I painted with thicker paint and somewhat less control.  All in All, a good thing.   But before I hit the easel in the morning, I will have had a talk with myself assistant about the proper care of brushes. 
Post a Comment