Monday, August 23, 2010

No Pressure!

"Blueberries"
12x12   SOLD

Today's painting is one of my favorites and came out of an idea I explored last summer taking a different view of fruit. The series was titled "Through the Orchard".  I entered the titled piece into a juried show called "Carolina's Got Art" with another piece and was honored to have it accepted and now it's time again to enter again.  A small hitch in the plan this year, I've had no time to create new pieces to enter and I now have 7 days to do so.  Been busy teaching workshops & classes, being a full-time caregiver of a parent and this weekend, I got the flu. Is someone trying to tell me something, like don't bother entering the show?  Maybe I should listen and let the show pass, yet that's not in my DNA.  So I'm going to put my head down and see if I can't create a worthy piece or two to enter.  Not feeling 100% sure that it's going to happen.  No pressure here!  Wish me luck. 
Post a Comment