Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back to the Coast

"Edge of the Marsh_
5x7  $95 + $10 s/h

Time to start painting some marsh scenes for my Beaufort gallery, so I did this quick study to get my palette and brain going in the right direction.  This was done from a photo that I had taken a few years ago.  If you had read my post about taking photos, you'll be glad to know that I stopped my car prior to reaching the water's edge.  My two favorite things about delivering art to the coast is another supply of photos & sketches and of course, shrimp & grits. 

7 comments:

martinealison said...

J'aime la profondeur apportée dans votre toile.

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely and sound delish!!

Shirley Marshall said...

This painting has a wonderful simplicity and I love the colours.

Shirley Marshall said...

This painting has a wonderful simplicity, and I love the colours.

Marie Theron said...

A quiet and calm painting! Shrimp and grits? I must try and find a recipe on the internet!

Pam Holnback said...

Beautiful colors. Great job w/ the tree trunks.

Debbie K. said...

Have fun in Beaufort. Look forward to seeing your next paintings. How long have you been going there? It is one of my favorite places.