Thursday, May 6, 2010

Doctor, Doctor

5x7

For all the "clueless" painters of peonies, they die fast.  A student brought me some yesterday afternoon, this morning when I came in they had "wilted" some.  In this morning's class, I painted along.  I had just scrubbed in the flowers when a student pointed out how they were dying in front of us.  So how do you demo peonies (I've never painted them before) while with each breath they rapidly lose their original shape... whatever that was.  All I can say is that a emergency "boob" job is needed on these poor flowers and a doctor is needed for my painting.   As least my students can now believe that I can mess up and mess up huge!  I might need to rethink describing myself as a still life painter.  I'm just saying...........!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelley, however you got there...lovely painting!

Melanie Statnick said...

These are one of many my mother has in her garden.I wish i had a bush. I have done a dead flower paint too. This is wonderful

SUSAN RODEN said...

Droopy or not, I love them Kelley -wonderful color!

Maybe they were having heat flashes? Go figure that I flower would go through life changes.

martinealison said...

Très joli bouquet ... les couleurs sont fantastiques... belle peinture...bon travail.

Susan Roux said...

I saw it as a remarkable recovery! What a great lesson in having everybody learn to loosen up their strokes! Can I attend???

(boob job? oh, you make me laugh!)

Ralph said...

You have captured the essesence of this beautiful flower. These are flowers that like poppies are best left unpicked. I am sure your students are your students because they already know you are you and they love you for what you are.

LindaHunt said...

Very beautiful painting...very painterly.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

I love it. Next time, take a photo.