Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Strutting"

6x4 

This is a study I did before doing the large "Still Life" painting.  The lady in orange had such an attitude that you couldn't help but pay attention to her.  This piece is a bit unfinished but I'm feeling a bit lost in my painting direction so I don't have anything new yet.  I'm just going to go with my instincts and see where it takes me.  Let me know when I hit the nail on the head or when I go astray.  Forging ahead fearlessly and will post a painting in a day or so.

4 comments:

Melanie Statnick said...

all the power to you girl! thats the way i do it

martinealison said...

J'aime cette femme qui finalement est le point central de votre toile. L'intrigue qui nous amène a nous poser des questions... La couleur de sa robe nous apporte une petite idée de son caractère... Belle harmonie de couleurs et une profondeur qui lui donne une puissance.
Rien de déplaisant...

Ralph said...

Look at that woman in orange! Go on you strut your stuff just like her. We all have those periods when nothing works and not just on the easel. Since my fall I have painted nothng but stuff fit and ready for the bin or skip. But there is always another day and another painting and one day I will manage. Now you will surely manage because you are a great artist and a lovey person.

Shirley Marshall said...

I love the composition in this piece.