Friday, May 28, 2010

Local Color


"Local Color"
24x36   $2100

It's been a whole week since I posted anything.  Lots happening at the studio.  Cleaning out, teaching, working on summer class schedule, marketing & working on this painting.  I now have about 4 more coastal paintings to work on and then full court press on a bit of a different direction.  Nothing like cleaning out the cobwebs to get painting engine cranked up.  When someone asks what I have planned for the holiday weekend, my favorite response is PAINT!!!!!  Happy weekend. 



9 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Nice, Kelley

I love the colors of the sun behind the trees and the way it tints the water.
Glad I dropped by!!

Anonymous said...

Just poppin' in to say "Hi" and that I "like" you! happy painting!

P.S. great sun popping through in the distance

SUSAN RODEN said...

Really like this piece Kelley! The glow of the sun setting invokes a circular eye movement, even though the elements are so horizontal. Has a wonderful warm feel.

Melanie Statnick said...

I like your, reflections in the water. The sun is beautiful

Ralph said...

This one was well worth waiting for you have captured the atmosphere so well. You are an artist that see more to the painting than what is shown Love it.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am there. Dreamy.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

What better plans for a long weekend? This must be so fabulous in it's large format. My favorite time of day - fantastic work - now... GO GO GO paint!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Wow--love the atmospheric feeling of this piece--and the color harmonies are singing...:))

Gwen Bell said...

This is my first visit to your blog and what a treat! Your work is spectacular! Going to take my time and savor each post.