Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Living the Beautiful Life!!!!!

Today, I began another workshop for my students.  The workshop is learning to paint figures to place into their paintings, i.e. landscape, etc.  I hope to post a demo from tomorrow's class but I thought I would share the special treat that we had today.  For the past year and a half, Carol has regaled us with all the wonderful dishes that she creates, so much so, that we leave class starving.  Yet for all the talk, we never tasted her food.  We were beginning to suspect that it was all "talk".  But for lunch today, she arrived with 3 delicious dishes, beautiful plates, colorful napkins, silverware & crystal. I've included some pictures of our meal without dessert.  None left to photograph. We also drank Blood Orange Juice with Prosecco with floating sliced strawberries and to finish our wonderful meal, an almond favored cupcake with cream cheese & coconut frosting.  I don't know about my students but the meal might have trumped day's workshop and I'm okay with that.  Go head and be jealous.  Unfortunately, we have to bring our own lunch tomorrow.  Thanks so much, Carol.


Heirloom Tomato Salad
Drinking at Lunch with
Blood Orange Juice & Prosecco!
Asparagus & Gruyere Cheese Tart &
Shrimp & Orzo Salad


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely divine...what a special treat for your workshop attendees...magnificent gourmet food combined with excellent teaching from a grand artist.

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Now this is a peek into the artist's life that I love to see! Thanks for inviting us in..:))