Monday, August 9, 2010

Blissfully Unaware

"Sunset Over the Bridge"
6x6    $95

I have an assistant.  Yippee.  I feel, oh so, professional now.  Okay, she will  work only a few hours a week but I have an assistant.  The wonderful thing about "M" is that she & I think alike.  She has been a student of mine for a couple of years and  I find her to be so delightful and funny.  It wasn't until I received an email from her several months later, that I discovered why we got along.  Her "tag" line of her email is Blissfully Unaware.  Woohoo.  This is not to say, that she or I are incapable of accomplishing things, we are.  But our dilemma will come in trying not to be "Blissfully Unaware" at the same time.  So as time goes by, any errors on this blog can be directly attributed to a bad day at the studio by both of us.  Poor "M", already getting the blame for future mishaps.  Welcome to the studio!

7 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Lovely bridge painting Kelley, and a studio assistant...wow, you are a professional!

Anonymous said...

You've officially made it to the BIG time baby!!!May I speak for all us artists out here in Blogvile, we are all very jealous. And if you start getting the "hate mail" tell Miss M' not to take it personally. Love today's painting...the pink skies just sing.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love the romance of a bridge at sunset - you did a particularly fine job of making it believable and not 'too sweet'.

Oh. and I. Am. So. Jealous. of your assistant.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Congrats on moving up in the world Kelley!
An A-s-s-i-s-t-a-n-t... how cool is that?!

Plus your painting is heavenly - but you know I like skies, huh? Think everyone forgot with the donut war going on. But tomorrow I'll be back with my head in the sky once again.

Kerri Settle said...

Gorgeous colors in this painting. 'Blissfully unaware' is a philosophy I can get behind!

Lyn said...

Lovely painting! It appears that you are on your way! .

Stephen Parker said...

Beautiful sunset, Kelley. It reminds me of the view towards the Throgs Neck Bridge from the North Shore of Long Island. Very nice.