Sunday, August 29, 2010

Playing with Paper


"Name that Hue"
10x10
Reserved by Artist

I'm back to playing with oil on paper.  Lost a little bit of steam earlier this summer when I tried a different paper but I found another brand that I'm having fun with it.  It's funny how we artists get use to certain canvas, brushes, colors and then when we change it up, it can really mess with how you think and paint.  It's also a good thing to push ourselves & experiment.  Enjoying the way the brush skims across the surface picking up some of the paper's texture.  Can't get too detailed with this and that's what I love about it.  Still painting away for tomorrow's deadlines.  More to come.  By the way, the color is Quinacridone Violet.


5 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Glad you found a paper that works for you Kelley...I love your expressive brushwork in this piece!

Stephen Parker said...

I think it's great you change things up every now and then. I think you become much more versatile that way.

The loose, spare quality of this in this piece really drew me in. I think the desaturated green background did its part, too. Very nice, Kelley.

Anonymous said...

So lively and delightful! Very fresh too! love how the texture and colors lay on this paper. I can't wait to see more.

Caroline Simas said...

Love it! Can't wait to see my painted shoes!
Loved our visit the other day! Thanks for stopping by!
xo

Gary Keimig said...

nice Kelly. Experimenting is what we artists function on. Keep at it. You have done a great job with it.