Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Struggling

7x5

Ever had one of those days.  Teaching class today & trying to show how to eliminate the "chatter" in the photo to achieve a better painting.  The background originally had some bushes but as I was finishing I realized it was too much so I  painted it out.  I still think it has too much something but that's what a study is for. What I was thinking in painting this, I don't know.  Yes, I do.  I wasn't thinking.  I'm blaming on the rotten, rainy, dismal afternoon.  Calling it a day. 

2 comments:

Anita Stoll said...

I see beautiful shapes in the painting. We learn something from each and every painting we do.

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Kelley - Your paintings are beutiful. I really love this painting!

Thansk so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower - I really appreciate it!