Thursday, June 10, 2010

Problem Solving SOLD

"The Thinker"
$95 + $10 s/h

While visiting Italy's Lake Como region, I found myself watching the people as much as the beautiful lakes and picturesque villages.  The "promenade" provided daily delights of mothers with children, people on their lunch breaks and the older generation taking it all in.  These gentlemen appeared to be solving the world's problems but in reality they were probably contemplating  dinner or dessert.  Whichever it was, they provided me endless entertainment and subject matter.  Ciao!


9 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

I loved Lake Como and all the people watching...this piece is a wonderful reminder of how less hurried they live.
What size is this?

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Very nice Kelley. I want to hear their conversation.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Calming - I feel as if I should stop and talk with these guys. Love your subject matter you choose.
And congrats on your first newsletter!

Shirley Marshall said...

A lovely painting Kelley - very well done.

Anonymous said...

Oh no...these gentlemen are contemplating...can I afford what my wife is buying now in that cute little boutique shop? Ah...who cares, if it makes her happy...that's all that matters?

P.S. Kelley's Newsletter is a fabulous good read and visual...you all should sign up and "be in the know"

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love the gestural stance of the figures. I just signed up for your newsletter - and I have to say - I LOVE the blueberries painting on that page!

Kerri Settle said...

I love the composition and how you stress the vertical elements in the painting. Hopefully together those guys will come up with some solutions to the world's ills!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

I love the moment you have captured here--typical old guy talk--the same no matter where you are..:)) Nice painting!

Janice said...

Beautiful! I love your work, and of course,,the name of your blog is close to the heart!!