Monday, June 7, 2010

Is It Just Me? SOLD!!!!!

"Seeing Red"
6x8 $95

Is it just me or is technology out to get me?  Within this past week my phone died, today my camera (mid-shot) died & while editing my first newsletter my computer locked me out.  All in the 7 days that some exciting things were happening & I needed these "gadgets" more than usual.  But I've persevered.  I got a new phone (didn't have time for the tutorial), cut off more than a few friends mid-sentence & text unintelligible messages.  So forgive me if today my painting posted is one that I did a few months ago.  It's one of my favorites that I've kept for myself and evidently for these wonderful moments in life when you're in that boat without an oar.  Tomorrow is a new day and I guess I might be going camera shopping.  Let's see what life can throw at me tomorrow, until then, happy,happy thoughts.




10 comments:

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Wow Kelley--it is just you....Just kidding!!! Love this piece you had been saving for yourself--what a zing it has --mmmm--good!

Ralph said...

Love the painting you had me laughing as I read of your love of gadgets so sorry i should not have laughed but I did. Hope all is well now.

Anonymous said...

fabulous piece today my friend! Some flower lover is gonna just scoop this one up in a heartbeat!

Kim Rempel said...

Lovely Kelley! And yeah - I feel your pain. Right now everything is in working order but when they fail you...argh!

Kim Blair said...

Hi Kelley:
Love your brush work in this beautiful painting.
Hope your 'technical stuff' gets sorted out quickly.
Kim

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

I love this painting. The red with the turquoise its a winning combo.
I was painting a tomato, same combination.
Thanks for bringing flowers to my gray day in S.Calif.

Rob Hazzard said...

LOVE the blues and reds, they work so well together.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Kelley, I definitely have 'technology black hole periods', if you've ever read my blog, I've had weeks where a vase spilled across the table from my laptop, and a small DRIP of water touched the outside of the laptop, and *bam* 0 dead, dead, dead computer. Same week cell pone gets dropped and cracks open, and the stovetop gets a short in it an it started turning on randomly.....
Good luck with your new camera - I just got a Panasonic with a 12x zoom and I LUUUUV it!

Gwen Bell said...

Gorgeous greens and reds. I really like the way you handled the sky peeking though.

Caroline Simas said...

This is one of my favs!
Hi sweet Kelley! Hope all is well!
xo,
Caroline