Monday, June 14, 2010

On A Roll

"Strolling Along"
9x4    $95

I like to say that I'm on a roll in a good way but actually I feel like a cartoon character that you see clinging to a boulder as it rolls along a bumpy hillside.  Life sometimes tests you in ways that you'd never imagine.  Evidently it's my turn.  Most of it isn't bad, it's just learning to currently juggle about 40 balls in the air at a time.  It's kinda like walking down a street and not always being sure what will come at you from the side streets.  I just need to get through these next three weeks and life will get manageable again.  In the meantime, I will endeavor to post new paintings as often as possible.  Come the first of July, watch out, I'll be ready to break out.  That's when the fun will began. 


8 comments:

Ralph said...

I like your paintings they are always so full of light and life.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

I Love the mood in this piece.
Title is perfect.

Kim Blair said...

Interesting that you painted a very peaceful painting during this hectic time you mentioned will be around for a few weeks.
Just look at this painting each day and it may help calm you...
Nice work.
Kim

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Wonderful paint application and values. This is a strong little painting.
Hang in there. I have enjoyed your paintings very much, so I can't wait to see what you've got for July.

Gwen Bell said...

Gorgeous light in this, Kelley! Love the composition as well. The red of the roof immediately draws the eye up and then all that beautiful light gently pulls it back down. Very soothing! Reminds me of Santa Fe. :)

Marian Fortunati said...

Good luck... I'm quite certain good things are heading your way.... or you are rolling toward them!!

Unknown said...

Thanks,everyone. The end is in sight and anxiously awaiting the first of July.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I love the painting, too, but I can SO relate to the stress level! I keep saying "Soon it will be over.." but I don't think I really WANT it to be over because I keep saying 'YES'!