Monday, June 21, 2010

Play Time - NFS

"Raspberry Cake Galore"
6x6    Oil on Paper/Mounted
$95
This week a student & I are going to doing an oil painting on paper.  Since it had been a "few" years since I had done this, I took the opportunity to try it again.  This is my first attempt.  Holy cow, how slick is this?  I had a blast but it was like learning to ice skate.  First stroke was like hitting the ice and landing on your butt.  Pick yourself up and try again.  It was total play time because I had no control but loving every minute of it.  All I can say is, stay tuned, you might see a big fall or a fancy spin.  Either way there should be some fun along the way.

12 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

Yum! Looks delicious. Great painting!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

This is a fun one. Slices of cake don't stay around our house long enough to paint. Looks yummy.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Love it Kelley! Like ice skating huh? Sticking with it or going back to canvas?

Shirley Marshall said...

ooooo yummy ! A totally delicious painting ... the colours make it look so sweet. The slippery look gives the feeling of being here one minute ... gone the next !

Anonymous said...

I love the different textures in this! and who can beat the subject matter? I can't wait to see more of this oil on paper technique!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gwen Bell said...

Well, YUM! Beautifully painted, Kelley! I really like the way the striped layers fill the canvas.

Janice said...

Yummy!!

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Really nice design--great that you are allowing yourself some time to play and try on new things--look what a beautiful result you ended up with!!

LindaHunt said...

This is such a great little yummy painting!

Ralph said...

THe painting looks good and yes it is so exciting trying new ways of doing things.

Kim Rempel said...

Delicious Kelley!! I love the colour change on the surface the cake is on. And the way you handled those slices - YUM. Great piece!