Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Overwhelmed SOLD


"At the Market"
7x5  $95
Watching people is just so much fun.  This poor fellow intrigued me.  This was a small farmers market and so I was behind him as we went through the different vendors.  He never bought anything, never picked up a piece of fruit or vegetable.  I finally surmised that his wife sent him to get something for dinner and he was just overwhelmed.  He left just I did without buying anything.  I imagine he called his wife, said he didn't have time & went to grab a beer somewhere.  At least that's the story I'm going with.  Just for the record, I left with enough fruits & vegetables for both of us.  Also, tomorrow I'm sending out my first monthly newsletter.  If you're interesting in receiving it, there is a sign up button on the right side of my blog.  I'll be giving away a painting to one lucky person who signs up this month. 

Update: Still learning to use my phone (didn't cut anyone off today), camera still on the fritz but my newsletter is safe and ready to be sent.  One down, two to go.  Thanks for asking!!!!!!



7 comments:

Becky Joy said...

I love this piece, the depth and color are wonderful. Great to have the quality of your work on Daily Painter Originals.

Anonymous said...

Kelley, love the freshness in this..literally and painterly. Well done! This is gonna look fab on the Daily Painter Originals site!

Anonymous said...

Oh and cute story to go with it....haven't we all been overwhelmed when looking at the veggies?

Karena said...

Kelly wonderful summer color and freshness! Love it!

Karena
Art by Karena

Gwen Bell said...

Really terrific work on the figure and the perspective. Has a real sense of depth. I also like the very soft style.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

HA! I went from the DPO site to yours to leave a comment on the Porch scene - I just LOVE it! The soft lighting under the porch roof, oh, I can't even say what it IS that grabbed me - literally I said "That's an IT painting!" Had to tell you before I run out!

Leslie Saeta said...

The colors in this one really are wonderful. wow.